VEHICLE: 2007 Hyundai Veracruz SE 3.8L, V6, MFI, DOHC, VIN C
Customer Concern: The check engine light is on with an Evaporative Emissions (EVAP) pressure sensor low input automotive diagnostic code of P0452.
Tests: 1. Check the Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor (FTPS) for a 5 volt reference at the Brown wire, ground of less than 0.05 volts at the Gray/Black wire, and check the Green signal wire for about 2.5 volts with no pressure of vacuum in the fuel tank or EVAP system. Remove the fuel cap and see if the voltage changes.
2. If the voltage was low and came up with the cap off, check for a restriction in the charcoal canister or EVAP filter. Test the canister closed valve to be open at rest and closed when energized, test it several times to see if it sticks.
Potential Causes: Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor (FTPS)
Canister Closed Valve (CCV)
EVAP Canister Vent Filter
Confirmed Fix: Replaced Fuel Tank Pressure Sensor (FTPS)
Tech Tips: This vehicle has a 5 year/60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and a 10 year/100,000 mile power train warranty
Monday, June 18, 2012
VEHICLE: 2008 Buick Enclave CXL 3.6L, V6, MFI, DOHC, VIN 7
Customer Concern: No start no crank.
No Electronic Control Module (ECM) communication.
Has Body Control Module (BCM) communication.
Ongoing body shop repairs.
Tests: 1. Key off, disconnect the scanner.
2. Check the resistance between pin 6 and 14 at the Data Link Connector (DLC). A value of 60
Ω +/- 10% is expected.
3. Disconnect the Electronic Control Module (ECM) at the radiator core support.
4. Check the resistance between pin 33 and 55 in the ECM Gray connector. A value of 60Ω +/- 10% is expected.
5. If the resistance is wrong, check for disconnected components or wiring and connection problems on the high speed GMLAN.
Potential Causes: Failed High Speed GMLAN
Confirmed Fix: Installed Headlight Control Module
Tech Tips: Note: Refer to wiring diagrams to decide options and early or late production.
The Headlamp Control Module is a part of the right headlight assembly.
For additional help with your vehicle you can check out this automotive website. has some great information about most makes and model vehicles and is maintained daily